Tips for Cooking with Olive Oil
Bake, fry, drizzle, sauté... you can do it all! Extra virgin olive oil is our kitchen's most versatile, flavorful and healthful ingredient. Many of you have been asking how to incorporate more olive oil into your daily life. So we wanted to share all the creative ways we use it!
Why do we use olive oil in every dish? It's an easy and delicious way to enhance and build flavors, and to add body and depth...not to mention all the health benefits it so graciously provides.
Before we get into it, let's get one thing straight. Good olive oil shouldn't be saved for a "special occasion". We hear this all the time and it's just not true. Unlike wine, it doesn't get better with age, and fresh is best, so use it!
A lot of people don't realize this, but extra virgin olive oil stands up to heat remarkably well. Frying with olive oil is better for you than any other cooking oil. Go ahead and add it to your pan when sauteing meat, seafood, or veggies.
Worried about the calorie count or the fat content? Don't be. Olive oil is made up of primarily monounsaturated fat which is the good fat your body craves. Studies have shown that consuming it regularly actually helps you lose weight!
tips for cooking with olive oil
- Mix 3 parts olive oil with 1 part Balsamic vinegar for a perfect salad dressing.
- Whisk it into your waffle batter - Olive Oil Waffles are life changing!
- Brush it straight onto meats before grilling for a robust, rich flavor...or combine it with Balsamic vinegar to make a savory marinade.
- Drizzle olive oil over fresh fruit...or ice cream.
- Make a healthier, flavor packed grilled cheese sandwich.
- Get saucy - see our favorite recipe here.
- Saute everything...and when we say everything we mean everything.
- Use olive oil to preserve roasted vegetables and aromatic herbs. Here's one of our favorite kitchen hacks.
- Bake it into granola, one of our favorite gluten free snacks!
- For an easy appetizer, toast baguette slices, rub them lightly with a cut clove of garlic, and add a little drizzle of olive oil.
- Pop your popcorn - lightly season it with sea salt and you'll finish the whole bag without feeling guilty.
- Start your morning off right by cooking your eggs in olive oil.
- Replace butter with olive oil in your favorite baked good recipe. Use our handy butter to olive oil conversion chart here.
- Make a heart-healthy bread dip - it's a great appetizer when hosting friends or family.
- Blend it into smoothies for your daily dose of antioxidants
- Add a drizzle into your dogs kibble
- And lastly, make a family favorite recipe: Spaghetti Aglio e Olio. It's a classic Italian dish that uses our two favorite foods: Garlic and Olive Oil.
What's your favorite way to use olive oil?
Upload your creations and tag us!