Game Day Snack: Olive Oil Chex Mix
This healthy snack is quick to disappear at our house. Start a batch an hour before the kickoff and enjoy once the game begins!
Olive Oil Chex Mix is a perfect game day snack because:
- It uses extra virgin olive oil in place of margarine or butter
- It freezes easily - so make a double batch and save some for later
- It's savory and delicious
Olive Oil Chex Mix
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 3 cups Cheerios
- 3 cups Wheat Chex
- 2 cups Pretzels
- 2 cups Cheese Crackers
- 1 cup Peanuts, unsalted
- 1 cup Almonds, raw
- 1 cup Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Seasoned Salt (We use Slavo Gourmet Seasoning)
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
Put first six ingredients into a large bowl. In a separate bowl combine olive oil, seasoned salt, garlic powder, onion powder. Stir well and drizzle over dry ingredients. Mix well to coat. Spread contents on a cookie sheet. Roast uncovered in 250 degrees F oven for 45 minutes. Stir about every 20 minutes while roasting. After it's finished, let cool. Store in airtight containers.
When do you use olive oil in place of butter? Let us know!