Italian Chopped Salad with Harvest Vinaigrette
Who doesn't love a chopped salad? I crave this hearty, substantial salad any time of the year. Each ingredient plays a crucial role - the garbanzo beans, the Kalamata olives, the feta...Mmm.
In my opinion, the dressing is the one thing you can play around with. Seeing as I'm making it a priority to try to eat with the changing seasons, I decided to put an Autumn twist on this traditional favorite.
How, you ask? Enter Blood Orange Olive Oil and Aged Balsamic Vinegar. This oil and vinegar pairing compliments each other perfectly; the Blood Orange Olive Oil gives the dressing a sweet, citrusy flavor while the Balsamic Vinegar adds the twang.
This salad can be enjoyed for lunch or dinner - I doubled the batch and kept it in the fridge for a week. I keep the dressing in a separate jar and toss it together once I'm ready to eat. Check out the simple recipe below!
ITALIAN CHOPPED SALAD WITH HARVEST VINAIGRETTE
What you'll need
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups torn romaine
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 5 thin slices hard salami
- 1 15oz can garbanzo beans
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- Harvest Vinaigrette (see below)
- 1/4 cup Queen Creek Olive Mill Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Queen Creek Olive Mill Aged Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Combine all salad ingredients into a bowl (big enough to toss) and set aside.
In another smaller bowl, combine all vinaigrette ingredients and whisk until emulsified. Pour vinaigrette over salad, toss and enjoy! You may want to add more salt and pepper to taste.
Will you give this recipe a try? Let us know in the comments below!
When you make it, don't forget to tag us on Instagram.