Homemade Wood Cleaner with Olive Oil
1) We all own wooden furniture
2) We all like it in tip-top condition
Although commercial wood cleaners and polishes work well, they are, you guessed it, pretty toxic. Since we sit, eat and even sleep near or on these wooden surfaces, it's important to keep them 'natural' while looking good.
Enter the deliciously versatile kitchen staple, olive oil.
Here's a wonderful recipe to clean and condition wood that keeps it shiny and safe. The best part is, it uses ingredients you probably already have in your pantry.
Homemade Wood Cleaner
What You'll Need
- ½ cup white vinegar (use apple cider vinegar for darker woods)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 20 drops lavender essential oil
- Mix all ingredients in a spray bottle. Shake well before each use.
- Spray on wood and rub with microfiber or other soft cloth.
You can towel-dry excess oil in a circular motion applying special attention to the problem areas of the wood.
What's the most unique way you use olive oil?
Let us know in the comments below!