Easter is a time to gather with family, and for us, family gatherings always involve delicious food. After the egg decorating, the competitive hunt, and the mandatory family tennis tournament, we build up quite the appetite...for dessert.
These Easter Cupcakes are just darling - a perfect sweet treat to bring to any Easter gathering, or a fun dessert to make with the kids! Plus, they're vegan and gluten free, so you're covered if guests have dietary restrictions!
These cupcakes also use our favorite ingredient - olive oil. Check out our recipe below for our vegan, gluten free Easter Cupcakes.
Gluten Free, Vegan
Yield: 12 Cupcakes
What You'll Need
- 1 cup Queen Creek Olive Mill Vanilla Bean Olive Oil
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Bananas
- 1/2 Tb Coconut extract
- 2 1/2 cups Gluten Free All Purpose Blend Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
COCONUT BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
- 2 sticks Unsalted Vegan Butter, softened
- 5 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk
- 1/4 tsp Coconut Extract
- 1 cup Shredded Coconut
Want to learn more about baking with olive oil? CLICK HERE
1) Preheat oven to 350°.
2) In a bowl, mix oil and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add bananas one at a time, waiting until blended before each addition. Continue blending until light and fluffy. Add coconut extract.
3) In a separate bowl, sift together all dry ingredients. Add the sifted dry ingredients to the mixing bowl and mix until thick batter forms. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl to incorporate all ingredients. Slowly add coconut milk and mix until incorporated.
4) Scoop out batter into each cupcake liner and fill about 2/3 full.
5) Bake at 350° for 10 min, rotate, bake for an additional 5 minutes. Cupcakes are ready when cake springs back when touched. Let cool and work on icing.
With a hand mixer or mixer with a paddle attachment, beat softened butter until smooth. Gradually add powdered sugar into portions until fully incorporated. While mixing, add coconut milk and extract until buttercream is light and fluffy.
Pipe or scoop out icing onto cooled cupcakes. Top with shredded coconut and optional Cadbury pastel eggs.
Will you be making anything special for Easter?
Let us know in the comments below!
7 Spring Salads To Brighten Your Day
What Makes Olive Oil 'Extra Virgin'?