7 Ways To Spring Clean With Olive Oil
Can you believe it's already that time of the year again!? It's Spring, which just so happens to be one of my ultimate favorite seasons. Who doesn't enjoy a good bike ride, the refreshing pool, or an epic hike? With all of these marvelous Spring activities comes one more, one that many may not find as enjoyable. Drum roll please...SPRING CLEANING!
I say out with the old, traditional ways of cleaning... try doing it a little differently (and a little more natural) this year.
Amp up your cleaning the natural way! You may not know, but all of those commercial cleaners you've been using to clean your house are not doing a good job at keeping you clean (on the inside). Well, good news for you, I am here to offer a better, more natural cleaning solution. Yes, you guessed it...olive oil.
Besides gastronomy, olive oil proves useful in many other areas - one such being cleaning. It's true - we do it all the time and it works like a charm! So why not use something already in your pantry for some good ol' green cleaning? Here are my tips on using olive oil around the house...
7 WAYS TO SPRING CLEAN WITH OLIVE OIL
1) De-Gunk pans - Using olive oil and a rag, wipe the gunk from cast iron pans.
2) Un-Squeak hinges - Dab some olive oil on squeaky hinges to un-squeak them.
3) Rejuvenate wicker or rattan furniture - Put some olive oil on a cloth and rub, rub, rub.
4) Shine stainless steel - This is our favorite hack! Buff away finger prints and muck from your stainless steel appliances, especially those pesky fridge doors.
5) Prevent tarnishing - Polish brass or copper pieces with olive oil and a rag to prevent ugly tarnish.
6) Un-stick EVERYTHING - Forget Goo-Gone! Use a dab of olive oil to get rid of that stickiness.
7) Remove gum from surfaces - Apply olive oil to the gum, let it sit for 10 minutes, and the gum should slide right off.