Use Olive Oil on hair? Why, of course! Revive, rejuvenate and repair damaged hair with an olive oil deep conditioning treatment because your hair needs olive oil, too!
The top 3 reasons we use olive oil to treat our hair:
- The fatty acids found in olive oil coat hair protecting it from harsh chemicals found in most hair products (think mousse, pomade, hairspray, etc.)
- It stimulates hair growth (because who doesn't want long, luscious locks?)
- It helps promote a healthy scalp (and keeps dandruff at bay)
Here's how to use olive oil on hair:
Your hair can be damp or dry before starting. For normal hair, we recommend this treatment once a month. For dryer/more brittle hair, try once a week for maximum results.
Take 1-2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and work into scalp in circular motion.
Slowly massage down to tips of hair.
Leave in for 15 minutes to 1 hour, depending on how much time you have. The longer you leave it in, the deeper the treatment.
Double shampoo afterwards in the shower to rinse the oil out completely.
We explained the benefits of a straight extra virgin olive oil hair treatment above, but if you want to go a step further, adding a few drops of essential oils to your extra virgin olive oil can help alleviate specific symptoms you may be experiencing. We recommend our body oils for the following issues with your hair or scalp:
- Irritation/itchy scalp - Lavender Body Oil
- Thinning hair - Peppermint Lavender Body Oil
- Dull, in need of some shine - Orange Blossom Body Oil